(Scroll down for links and a “Hitting the High Points” section…)
This was such a fun pattern to make. It is a dress and/or top pattern from Friday Pattern Company. Wearing it makes me feel a bit like a baby doll. Now, I must say, you can get totally scandelist with this top. I am considering on my next one making the cleavage area a bit higher and stitching the “tie” in place so I can leave it open. If you pull that tie, I will be showing a bit much. That is okay though, because the linen, which I purchased on a trip to NY at Purl Soho, is a bit thick and tying a bow didn’t work well. I tied a little “loose knot” instead and I think it is more flattering.
This watercolor linen is seriously amazing though. After the prewash is got softer and I know as I was it in the future it will continue to soften to even more awesomeness. I wore this all day at work and it looked like this the picture above at the end of the day. It presses out sooo nicely. I am not a very pressed person most of the time…and I don’t usually buy fabric that requires it, but this linen is totally worth it.
I can’t wait to make this pattern in a rayon or voile. It will be so drapey and dainty. Now, I didn’t make the dress or “gown,” but I totally see this as a stable in my handmade wardrobe in the future. Will make more! Fo-Sho!
HITTING THE HIGH POINTS
- What I Loved About this Pattern:
- It is super easy to fit because the neck is totally a wide open hole at the top of the shirt!
- What I Would Change for Next Time:
- I would make the little opening at my cleavage a bit higher…(modest molly here)
- Pattern Name:
- The Wilder Gown (and top)
- Pattern Size Used:
- I cut out on a size 14 and it fit perfect. No changes necessary.
- See More Makes in this Pattern:
- IG #wildergown
- Pattern Hacks or Alterations:
- Not a one! I love when that happens!
- Pattern Directions:
- To be honest…I didn’t feel a huge need to “read” the directions. I am a picture person…and the picture were enough for me to know what to do. I did look for measurement numbers on the hems and such.
- Pattern Level:
- I think a newer sewist could easily sew this pattern and feel good about it.