This is a super easy, raw edge applique quilt pattern for the whimsical inside you! Get your cow fix! It was featured on the cover of Make Modern Magazine, Issue 24.
Also, check out my blog for a FREE LLAMA TEMPLATE that can also be used for this quilt pattern. Click here.
Finished quilt: 54” x 68”
Finished block: 9”
Number of blocks total: 32
- Here’s Your Sign uses raw edge applique techniques, which are super easy to learn and provide all sorts of freedom.
- Quilt layout is on-point.
- 1/3 yard of 11 different solids or minimal print fabrics for background on-point squares (diamonds), corner triangles and cows
- 1/2 yard of 2 different fabrics for setting triangles, background diamonds and cows
- “Sharp” style needles for quilting to pierce the fusible
- 5 yards of 12” wide double-sided fusible web like Steam-a-Seam Lite or something comparable
- 9” square of template plastic or cardstock to make a stencil of the cow
- Alcohol swabs or a little piece of paper towel with rubbing alcohol to help remove any glue residue that builds up on the needle while quilting the cows
- 58” x 72” piece of batting
- 4 yds fabric for a 58” x 72” pieced backing
- 1/2 yd fabric for binding
Choose fabrics that include solids and/or have subtle prints (tone on tone or blenders). The cows get lost with elaborate prints. Each cow needs to contrast her own background to be visible.