Love sewing or crafting with friends, but hate having to pack up all your tools, notions and gear? That was totally me…so to fix the frustration, I designed the perfect Sew It Goes Tote Bag.
This bag is intentionally designed to hang next to your sewing machine/crafting table and hold all your tools and notions like scissors, pins, pencils, Clover clips and more. Then, when it is time for making with the friends, just snap it closed around your current project and off you go.
Features 4 inside mesh zipper pockets larger enough for scissors. Features a deep outside pocket larger enough for a plastic divider box . The inside “snap out pouch” is great for your Clover clips or Washi Tapes and “snaps out” so you can lay it next to you for easy access.
Throw it over the shoulder for comfort.
· Finished bag: 16” tall x 16” wide x 3” deep
· 5 zippers 14” long (one for Snap Out Pouch and 4 for mesh zipper pockets)
· 3/4 yard fabric for Exterior bag panels and handles
· 3/4 yard of fabric for Interior bag lining and zipper binding
· 3/4 yard for Exterior Pocket, pocket lining, top pocket flap, and side closure panels.
· 1 fat quarter for Snap Out Pouch exterior and pouch snap straps
· 1 fat quarter for Snap Out Pouch lining
· 3 yards of 20” wide Pellon SF101 Shape-Flex Fusible woven interfacing
· 1.5 yards of 20” wide sew-in foam interfacing like Annie’s Soft and Stable or Pellon Flex-Foam
· 1 yard of Pellon #71 Peltex ultra firm stabilizer. Fusible is okay, but not required.
· 10 sets of snaps (4 side closures, 4 Snap Out Pouch, 2 Exterior Pocket Flap) (The cover photo uses Size 20 Plastic Snaps from Kam. Press needed for insertion. Basic snaps will work. Use your favorites.)
· 1 package of Lightweight Mesh Fabric that measures at least 14” x 28” (byAnnie’s)
Iron, pressing surface, zipper foot, rotary cutter and mat, scissors, disappearing ink fabric marker or chalk, Clover Wonder Clips or pins, Optional: Wonder Under Tape or seam tape for attaching binding to zippers.
***Read through the entire pattern before you begin.*** All seams 1/4” unless otherwise noted. Back stitch at the start and finish of all seams.
****This listing is for a PDF Download. A link to the pattern download will be available after purchase.