This pattern uses raw edge applique to make the cows. Read all instructions before beginning.
· All seams are 1/4” unless otherwise noted.
Finished quilt: 54” x 68”
Finished block: 9” x 9”
• 1/3 yard of 11 different solids or minimal print fabrics for background on-point squares (diamonds), corner triangles and cows
• ½ yard of 2 different fabrics for setting triangles, background diamonds and cows
• “Sharp” needles for quilting to pierce the fusible
• 5 yards of 12” wide double-sided fusible web like Steam-a-Seam Lite or something comparable
• 9” square of template plastic or cardstock to make a stencil of a cow
• Alcohol swabs or a little piece of paper towel with rubbing alcohol to help remove any glue residue that builds up on the needs while quilting the cows
• 58” x 72” piece of batting
• 4 yards of fabric for a 58” x 72” pieced backing
• ½ yard fabric for binding
• FABRIC NOTES: Choose fabrics that include solids and/or have subtle prints (tone on tone or blenders). The cows get lost with elaborate prints. Each cow needs to contrast her own background to be visible.